Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A House of Order . . . The LAST Part of the Day Keeper!


Today is the Day . . .
We are finally going to finish the Day Keeper.
Whoo Hoo . . . Happy Day!
Here's the List of the Last of the Day Keeper Pages:
Kids Jobs
Extra Money Job List
Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Bi-Annual, and
Yearly Planner Pages,
Garden Reminders,
Items on Loan,
Family Photo Pages,
Bag Meal Cards,
(Sample Cards - The rest will come in July.)
Mix Meal Cards,
(Sample Cards - The rest will come in August.)
Menu Options Page,
Family Home Evening Planner Page,
Family Home Evening Journal Page,
Family Home Evening Photo Page,
"All About Me" Pages,
Couples Council Sheets,
Personal Interview Sheets,
Family Council Sheets,
Cash Pockets,
Family Activity Idea List,
Family Activity Planner,
Picture of the Savior,
Picture of the Temple . . . Ward Temple Night Reminder,
Sabbath Day Activity Planner,
Sabbath Day Activity List,
Meeting Notes,
Sunday Lesson Schedules,
Ward Missionaries Addresses,
Visiting Teaching Information Page,
Monthly Lesson,
Home Teaching Information Page,
Monthly Lesson for Home Teachers,
Saturday Check Lists,
Monthly Ideas and Traditions Pages
and MORE!
Here's the PDF:
(It's still loading . . . . )
Something keeps happening to the PDF when I load it.
I think it's too big, so I'm going to break it down into
smaller parts.  I'm going to try to do a video
so that I can show you how to put the book together
and how to use it once it's done.
Thank You all again for being so amazingly patient.
You're AWESOME!
Wowie Wow Wow Wow
That's a lot of Organizing!
I LOVE IT!!!
Now To Explain How It Works:
This is where I wish I could have you all just come
on over to my house with your Day Keeper and I would
show you exactly how it works.  It's so much easier to
explain in person . . . but I'll do my best.
You can always ask me questions if it doesn't make sense.
It's alot easier to do than it is to explain . . .
I PROMISE!
We'll start with the . . .
Reminders
This section is checked EVERYDAY.
This section includes: 
Important Names and Numbers - 2 pages
Authorization for Treatment of a Minor
Babsitter Information
The pages above are in the front of the book behind the
Reminders Tab.  If you have to leave your children at home
alone or with a babysitter, they will have the
Emergency Information right there!
This section also includes:
Our Family Mission Statement
Our Family Goals
"Here's What We Did This Month" Journal Pages
A place for Birthday Cards
as well as Birthday and Anniversary Reminders.
Wants, Needs and Sizes pages for each of the members
of your family
Visiting Teaching Information
The Visiting Teaching Message for the month
Home Teaching Information
and the Home Teaching Message for the month.
2010 Holidays and School Vacations
Holiday Traditions and Ideas for the Month
My Weekly, Monthly . . . etc. Overview Pages
which will help you to remember to schedule
Dental Check-Ups, Yearly Physicals . . . etc.
and last but not least
a Calendar!
The Calendar PDF was included in the first set of
Day Keeper Pages.

Routines
This section is checked EVERYDAY as well.
This section includes:
Your Daily Quick Clean Schedule
A Daily Quick Clean is:
A 5 minute pick-up in each room . . . EVERYDAY!
Use a timer and let your kids be the runners in charge
of returning misplaced items to their place.
Don't leave that room until the timer goes off!
You have a place to list your Daily Routines for
Morning and Evening.
Routines are like house cleaning Auto Pilot!
It may take a little time to find your best routine,
but stick with it . . . a good routine will make all the difference.
I also included my Kids Routines.
The "This Week's BEST Worker Award" Page
This is awarded weekly along with a
No Chores for the Day card!
The next part is My Kids Jobs.
I use two baseball card page protectors.
My house is broken up into zones.
Each of the kids is assigned a zone with is rotated weekly.
Each baseball card page protector has 9 pockets.
3 rows or 3.
Each child has one row.
The first pocket is for their Picture,
The second pocket is for their Jobs, and the
Third pocket holds their Allowance Receipt.
The Extra Money Job List comes next.
After the kids finish their regular jobs
(which they do for FREE)
they have a chance to do jobs for money.
Now if they need money . . . they just check the list!
This is followed by my Running Project List.
This list helps me to GET THINGS DONE!
I list all of my projects and add them to my
Days of the Week Spread Sheets.
I also have a list of Items on Loan.
Followed by,
Garden Zones and
Lawn and Garden Reminders.
To finish this section, I added a place
for Our Family Mission Statement and
Fun FaMiLy Photos!
Because My Daily Focus for Monday is
My Family, the photo page is what is on the other
side of my Monday Tab.
This is a Daily Spread Sheet.
You have one for each day of the week.
This is my plan for Monday:
These are the Items I have listed for Monday:
. . . Left Side . . .
Daily Responsibilities and Schedules:
Breakfast
Family Prayer & Scripture Study
Morning Routines - Walk Babes!
Daily Quick Clean - Daily Meal Plan
Meals and Menu Planning
Grocery Shopping
Family Home Evening
FHE Journal Page
Evening Routine
Day Keeper:
Check Calendar and To Do Lists
Family Prayer
My Personal Scripture Study & Prayer
Cleaning & Maintenance:
Laundry: Bedding and Towels
Good Clean:
Kitchen(s)
Guest Bedroom
Lawn and Garden - Zone 1
So, the only pages that go in this section are
the ones that are on the list!
Starting with My Breakfast Repeat,
Breakfast Repeat Options,
Main Dish Menu Options,
Side Dish Menu Options,
Dessert Menu Options,
Bag Meal Cards,
and Mix Meal Cards.
I put the cards into baseball card page protectors.
I'm just giving you a sample page . . . the rest will come
Next Month!
I also included a calendar page in this section so that
I could keep track of what we ate during the month.
The Weekly Menu Planner comes next
followed by the Weekly Shopping List.
I also included a Monthly Emergency Preparedness
Planning and Purchase Sheet,
A Rotating FHE Planner with Family Pictures,
Our Family Home Evening Journal and
Photo Page.
. . . Right Side . . .
I added two Post-It Notes to the right side under
To Do Lists.
This is where you write the EXTRAS.
The things that aren't on your regular schedule.
Like kid's birthday parties, dance recitals . . . etc.
The Second Post-It is for Phone calls that need to be made,
or Phone Messages that need to be passed on
to other family members.
The Day's Menu is written with a wet-erase marker,
as well as my Daily Focus Plans and my
Project for the Day.
 That's it for my Monday!
REMEMBER,
YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE EVERY PAGE.
JUST USE THE ONE'S THAT APPLY TO
YOUR FAMILY!
All of the pages have been included to give you
as many options as possible!
Each Day's Spread Sheet tells me what should be
included in that section.
I've included my Day's of the Week Pages,
but I won't bore you with the details.
You can click on them if you want to see the details.
Let me know if you want me to post each of the other
Daily Spread Sheets  like I did for Monday.
I'm happy to do it if it will help!
 
Each night before bed, I pull out my Day Keeper.
I hit the purple sections first and then I fill out
my Daily Spread Sheet.
It only takes about 10 minutes!
I hope that helps you to know how the Day Keeper works.
I only focus on ONE DAY OF THE WEEK at a time.
It's like eating the whole "HOMEMAKER ELEPHANT"
when we try to do everything everyday.
Just do the things you have on that day . . . and save the rest
for the other days of the week.
I'm sure you will have questions, and I'm sure I've
forgotten to explain something,
But this post already goes on for Eternity
so I'll just wait to hear from YOU!
Happy Organizing!

10 comments:

kimber said...

HELP!! HELP!! I AM SOOOO CONFUSED!!! can u please post pics of each section of how the keeper is suppost to look! thanks kimber

Julie said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to finish this and start using it. I do have a coule questions though.
1. Will the first packet of the spreadsheets be made into PDFs that we can edit and type on?
When you say these are the only pages that go in this section, do you mean that you put them between the 2 Monday pages? And move them each night?
Thanks for your help. I wish you could post a video of you turning the pages of your book so that I could see it.
You are amazing.

Hailey said...

I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago and I love it. Thanks! What is the font you've been using on the day planner pages? Thanks!

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Julie,
I will check and see if Valerie can make it so you can type on the spreadsheets.
The pages I listed with Monday, go behind the Monday spreadsheet. The spreadsheet should look like the Monday example above when it is open. The other pages come after it.
I hope that makes sense.
I think I might try to do a hands video so that you can see what I'm talking about.
Trish

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Kimber,
Hang in there . . I'm going to see what I can do to make things easier.
My PDF file is too big, so I have to try and break it down into smaller sections. I'll see what I can do for tomorrow.
Sorry it's so confusing . . . I almost confused myself by reading my instructions!
Trish

Dani said...

I'm so excited Trish!!! You amaze me everyday with your posts!

Lisa said...

I found your blog via sugardoodle. Thank you so much for doing this!!!! I can't wait to get started! I am laid up this week following a medical procedure and plan on working on this (and a few of your other ideas) as I recover! Thanks again!

Heather said...

I can't wait for the video and other pdf. I am very excited. I have 5 kids. (two sets of twins and one in between) and they were 4 and under! Now they are 7,7,6,3,3, I am drownding and need a life raft. Thank you

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Heather . . . YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! I would love to send you the Knight and Princess Job Chart all cut out and ready to go . . . if you would like them. Let me know, and I can send them your way.
My email is smithest1989@hotmail.com
I just finished the Day Keeper Video. Valerie is loading it first thing in the morning. It has been a life saver for my family and I will be soooo happy to be able to get the rest of the pages and instructions to everyone.
Did I mention you're my hero?!?
Trish

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Lisa,
I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Trish